back to article XSysInfo memory manager

Android devices have a memory manager utility that can show you which apps and services are running in the background, and allow you to shut them down in order to free up some extra memory. XSysInfo    XSysInfo XSysInfo provides more data than iOS 4's multitasking menu, including apps' impact on battery life (right) Apple …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Zephyrus Spacebat

Back in my day...

Apple would kick your app from the Store for even acknowledging that there was a system underneath.

My, how things have changed.

1. Annihilator

Agreed

I assumed this was a Droid app at first. Or from Cydia (speaking of which, don't all jailbroken devices have this sort of app by default?)

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

re: Agreed

Nope, jailbroken devices don't have such an app by default - although there are apps one can install.

The company that makes this particular app only produces iOS software and hasn't produced apps specially for jailbroken devices.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

re: Back in my day...

This particular app came out well over a year ago. Also, there were certainly system montoring apps available through the App Store in 2008.

1. Zephyrus Spacebat

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

"Also, there were certainly system montoring apps available through the App Store in 2008."

Of which I remember at least one getting kicked out of the App Store, hence the comment. :)

2. lurker
    Big Brother

What's the point looking....

... if you can't touch?

3. JeffyPooh
    Pint

After double-clicking...

...doesn't one then simply press-&-hold an icon to invoke the delete-jigglies, and then one can close as many background apps as one wishes?

I tend to perform this clean-up function at least once a day to close many dozens of apps that may or may not still be running in the background. Especially if I've been streaming media over 3G - I want to make sure that is really turned-off when I'm done with it. This clean-up must do something since an app that is closed is removed from the background app scroll bar.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Market?

I can't help but wonder who this is really aimed at. Surely all the techies who like looking at processes and memory usage didn't buy iPhones, preferring instead Android?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like