back to article White iPhone 4 'in production'

A claim that the white Apple iPhone 4 will be out by the end of the month have been corroborated - sort of - by presumably different moles who say the handset has now gone into production. The sources told Reuters that Taiwan's Foxconn - Apple's customary iPhone manufacturing partner - has the gig. The phones will actually be …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. fridaynightsmoke
    Coat

Wow, I'm excited. Excited and amazed.

This shows the clear technological innovation of Apple, and their clear and unassailable lead over not just the smartphone industry, but humanity in general.

I mean, making a phone in TWO different colours? Just wow.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Troll

re

And in such a small space of time as well. This is truly phenomenal innovation!

2. Gav
      WTF?

Also available in black

What are you having a go at Apple for? They're just making a phone.

It's the media that decides availability of a new colour is worth getting excited about, and readers who decide it's worth reading about.

1. fridaynightsmoke
        Pint

@Gav

I aint having a go at Apple, I'm having a go at the hype as you suggest.

For the record; Apple have every right (and indeed probably the duty) to sell their gizmos in any way that they can. At this they are extremely successful. My beef is with fanboys and fawning media coverage* of every tiny little incremental development.

*Of the sort that you don't see on El Reg

2. jake Silver badge

Who cares?

Seriously ... This has been all over the news for weeks. Who the hell cares? What difference does it make what colo(u)r a telephone is? Unless said phone is more a fashion statement than a communications device, that is ...

3. Monty Burns

Aerial protection/relocation?

So, will the aerial be moved or protected in someway? If so, good for users but then would also be an admission by himself, the almighty, that he screwed up (which of course, he didn't)

1. Greg J Preece

As I understand it...

...Apple have already changed how the i4 is made. They just haven't told anybody or admitted it in case all the mugs who bought the originals get pissed off. :-)

4. hugh

and on this day

not a shit was given.

1. hplasm
      Happy

Not even-

an old white one.

5. JeffyPooh
    Pint

Iphone 4W, where W really means 'G'?

If they've made any changes beyond replacing the coal dust with titanium dust, then it's an Iphone 4 G. I hope that they have...

As a connoisseur of fine antennas, I'm not buying one if they leave the Hi-Z ends exposed again. I'm just not. Ain't happening. Ever. I don't reward stupid.

6. Tom 38
    Coat

You might scoff

I was thinking of getting a new phone to replace my aging iphone 3G, and the idea of a white iphone 4 tickles me some what.

On the other hand, I'll still probably wait until after WWDC, just in case they announce an iphone 5.

Mine's the flame retardant coat.

7. P Zero
    Troll

OMG

I NEED ONE!

Oh wait, I have like 14 months left on my HTC Desire contract. Never mind.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like