back to article Man Utd sues supporter over corporate client 'data theft'

Manchester United is suing a supporter who published a list of its corporate supporters on its website last year, a move the football club alleges led to incidents of harassment. Thomas McKenna, 44, allegedly published the list of the club's corporate clients on United Supporters for Change, a group that campaigns against the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Man Utd

If it wasn't difficult enough being a Man Utd fan these days, being sued by them for merely publishing a list of corp clients is yet another stab in the back.

Having to pretend you have to respect a red-nosed bully, who thinks he's too high and mighty to speak to the BBC, following an entirely accurate portrayal of his dodgy son should give some indication of the kind of organisation they support.

I sincerely hope they see the light soon. Stop buying from companies that shit all over you.

2. Paul Johnston
    Thumb Down

Will anyone ever learn?

Streisand effect anyone!

1. Richard 23
      FAIL

Seconded

Mega fail by the Glazers

3. Pete 2 Silver badge

Just send in Wayne Rooney

Given him an air rifle and provided he doesn't manage to shoot himself (which way round do you hold these things?) I'm sure he could make the guy "see sense". We know that millionaire footballers can shoot people with none of the nasty legal consequences reserved for ordinary people, so what have they got to loose - unless he misses, of course?

1. Gordon Barret
      Happy

[no title]

Erm ... I think you may mean Ashley Cole, not Wayne Rooney!

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I'm not the slightest bit interested in football.

And even I know that Cole doesn't play for Manchester United.

2. Neil 7
      Happy

Wayne Rooney?

To do what exactly, shag the supporters Granny or to scream abuse in his face without any risk of punishment? That's more Rooney's style... leave the shooting to Ashley.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So what MUFC corporate sponsors are saying is..

..that they are ashamed to be associated with MUFC. This headline could do more damage than good.

As for the muppets who attack these companies, don't they realise that lots of companies have boxes at multiple clubs. That company where they just put the windows in probably has a box at their club too - how does the company know which box is causing the grief? They don't so they pull all support and the muppet's' clubs lose money too - MUPPETS!

Hell, it's Friday, so I shall say it again - MUPPETS

5. JaitcH
    Unhappy

Unfortunately for the Grubby Glazers, Google has cached them!

< http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:QF7nJ__vU60J:wewantglazerout.blogspot.com/+wewantglazerout.blogspot&cd=1&hl=vi&ct=clnk&gl=vn&source=www.google.com.vn >

Tough.

1. Ally J
      Paris Hilton

Now in a more copy/pastable form

http://snurl.com/27pam2

Paris, because she's used to being spread far and wide.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Galzer's a Yank

Title says it all. Shoot first, ask questions later is the standard MO.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Correction

"The club has a duty to demonstrate to all our fans that we will shit on anyone that messes with us"

8. RJ

If you take security very seriously

You stop it getting nicked in the first place you twunts. Not Streisanding (Yes I am inventing a new verb; Don't worry, I am British and therefore have the right) the material after the fact.

9. M.A
    Unhappy

down

the red news site appears to be taken off line not just the list of corp. clients but the entire site.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like