back to article Apple cuts iPad price

Apple has knocked £100 off the price of the first-generation iPad. Undoubtedly a move to clear the shelves before the arrival, on 25 March, of the new version, the upshot is that buyers can avail themselves of the older, thicker, heavier model for less. The 16GB Wi-Fi only is now £329, down from £429 - which is what the 16GB …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. David Webb

Money...

Quick way to make some cash this, sell a ton of iPads on ebay with a 24 hour auction, undercutting everyone by 20-30 quid and still make a profit.

2. Gordon 10

70 quid apple tax

Above the vega would be quite attractive for a lot of peeps

3. whats the point of kenny lynch?
    FAIL

lord vega

Advent vega - I have one and am using it now, a great piece of kit for £249. Apple need to get the new ipad at £329 to show a bit of respect.

1. Giles Jones Gold badge

Erm

Since when did the 'premium' product on the market only cost up to a third more than the cheapo?

Sometimes the difference is twice or more.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh please

The Advent Vega is more suited for geeks than normal people. I mean you have to install a custom ROM just to get any functionality beyond the basics..

Try to compare prices between things that actually work.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Tee Hee

And undercuts Ksoom (Xoom?) and other fondleslabs?

Now there really is no need for bug ridden Android apps?

But seriously - competition is good yes?

6. Alastair 7

Just ordered one

I'm in the US, but a refurbished, clearance first gen 16GB iPad 3G cost me $479. Not bad at all, for what it is. I didn't really see what was supposed to get me so excited in the iPad 2.

7. Sandy Ritchie

meh

Front facing ipad 2 camera will actually be of some use though I don't doubt.

Unlike the front facing cam on my Samsung GT, where no working Android apps have been released to utilise this. Well Tango kinda works, if you can live with not actually being rightway up on the screen (90 degress seems to be the standard displaying of your "avatar").

8. Dapprman

Just checked the UK Website

And the new prices are in place, but not on their reconditioned units which are now mainly more expensive than the brand new ones. Must admit if an official refurb 16 GB unit were to get down to £200 I might actually be tempted.

This topic is closed for new posts.