back to article Amazon Prime Air delivery drones allowed off line-of-sight leash

Amazon Prime Air has received approval from the US Federal Aviation Administration to fly its package-delivery drones beyond the visual line of sight (BVLOS) of remote operators. "We’re excited to share that the FAA has given Prime Air additional permissions that allow us to operate our drones beyond visual line of sight, …

1. spold Silver badge

>>> those affected were reportedly part of the Prime Air team

Now known as the Prime Thin Air team

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh good, no line of sight

Given that this takes place in a country with serious gun problems (and I believe that specific region is one of them) I have a suspicion that many a drone will be used for target practice.

Naturally with no regard for where the bullets will ultimately land either.

1. xyz Silver badge

Re: Oh good, no line of sight

I was thinking more of Amazon drone hunting. Bagged me a brace of ear buds and an iPad this morning.

1. Hubert Cumberdale Silver badge

Simple jamming with a few watts of RF and a decent Yagi would probably do it.

2. Bebu Silver badge
      Windows

《Given that this takes place in a country with serious gun problems (and I believe that specific region is one of them) I have a suspicion that many a drone will be used for target practice.》

Once you have a sufficient number of these legitimately flitting about the sky no one will notice any interlopers.

I can see narcotic and other contraband delivery camouflaged by the general traffic.

How many of the gun crazies that call america home have watched the Ukrainians using commodity drone ti drop explosives on their enemies.

It is not a matter of "if" but rather "when" before some homicidal lunatic drops a pipe bomb or worse from a drone into a crowd.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Amazon Marketplace ?

3. Kevin McMurtrie Silver badge

California: Hack the drones

Texas: Shoot the drones

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like