back to article Not even Chromebooks can escape AI PC craze: Google to inject Plus laptops with LLM juice

Not to be outdone by the shiny new AI PCs Microsoft showed off last week at its Build conference, Google on Tuesday said various generative AI features will be rolling out to Chromebook Plus laptops over the next few weeks. Those features include text and image generation services, including Google's "Help me write" assistant …

1. Throatwarbler Mangrove Silver badge
    Terminator

Something something . . .

"... a bunch of mindless jerks who will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes."

With apologies to Douglas Adams (although I suspect he'd approve).

2. GraXXoR

Is everyone really using AI that much?

copilot is the first thing I disable when I am forced to install Windows.

My kids use it to make pictures of flying gorillas or bananas weight training on top of Tokyo Tower… that’s about it.

A single friend of mine uses it to check his English when writing reports for his boss.

But does it really need to be baked into the OS?

1. ecofeco Silver badge

Of course it doesn't but think of the shareholders man! Without pump and dump, where would they be? One less summer house. One less yacht? Unthinkable hardships!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Help me write...

Help me install Linux onto this Chromebook

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Someone please remind me

wasn't Google Gemini that AI thing that was generating those "controversial" images of the Pope and George Washington ? I thought it was shamed into oblivion.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like