back to article EU probes Meta over its provisions for protecting children

The European Commission has opened formal proceedings to assess whether Meta, the provider of Facebook and Instagram, may have breached the Digital Services Act (DSA) in areas linked to the protection of minors. The action follows a separate probe into Meta's alleged failure to properly monitor the distribution of political …

1. Peter-Waterman1

It's about time. The rabbit effect is terrible. Kids are getting content pushed to them without asking; of course, they will watch it, so the force-feeding is amplified. It's disgraceful, and frankly, I hope they get taken to the cleaners. He says as he goes back to Facebook to watch a bunch of car crashes, knockouts, and ladies in lycra.

1. Jedit Silver badge
      Flame

"car crashes, knockouts, and ladies in lycra"

My feed today was so full of fake accounts offering nudes and misogynists responding to the "Man vs Bear" debate with videos of child abuse [1] that I didn't have any posts from any person or group that I actually follow. Facebook just needs to be destroyed at this point.

[1] If you're wondering what the connection is, they were literally saying "you won't be whining about men being violent when your kid is abducted by a nonce and a big strong man is there to stop him instead of weak feeble women who will walk on gossiping about it". Utterly fucking vile stuff.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Social Media

Just an on-ramp for kids to a life of political, commercial and ideological subjugation.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like