back to article Hong Kong securities regulator to name suspicious crypto players

Hong Kong's security regulator said on Monday that it will begin publishing a list of virtual asset trading platforms applying for an operating license, as part of the fallout from the attack on crypto platform JDEX. The Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) announced it would also publish a list of licensed virtual asset …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Seems pretty easy to come up with a list of dodgy crypto players.... "All of them"

2. lglethal Silver badge
    WTF?

WTF!

"Its brand ambassadors were reportedly encouraging people to get in as investors "before full regulation and licensing" began."

And people took this as an encouraging reason to sign up and give them money, instead of running away???

My flabber is well and truly gasted. People really are stupid when it comes to money, aren't they?

3. Howard Sway Silver badge

they "are consistent with the latest international consensus among financial regulators"

Something is seriously wrong with all the financial regulators who are still somehow believing that there is anything of worth at all residing in the crypto world. Trying to put a veneer of regulation over it all is pointless, although I suspect they're doing it because they're worried about the consequences that a mass collapse of the whole thing will bring. This part of South East Asia has seen huge money being put into crypto schemes, and they're going to lose out the most I suspect.

1. katrinab Silver badge
      Mushroom

Re: they "are consistent with the latest international consensus among financial regulators"

But it is going to collapse anyway, so it is best to make it collapse as soon as possible.

4. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Facepalm

"encouraging people to get in as investors 'before full regulation and licensing' began"

I'm sorry, what other red flag do you need in order to understand that these fuckers are scum ?

Honestly, I'm starting to believe that funny money only took off because of the sheer number of abysmally stupid idiots that were willing to believe that everyone could win the lottery.

1. katrinab Silver badge
      Facepalm

Re: "encouraging people to get in as investors 'before full regulation and licensing' began"

Most people know it is going to collapes, but think they can sell it to a greater fool before it does.

Of course, for the vast majority of people, it doesn't work like that.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like