back to article US Space Force wants hotline to China amid rising tensions

As actor Bob Hoskins once said, it's good to talk, and nowhere is that old adage more pertinent than in defusing situations that could lead to all-out war. The United States Space Force would seem to agree as reports suggest the sixth armed service has been having internal discussions about hooking up a hotline to China. We …

1. elsergiovolador Silver badge

Disorder

As actor Bob Hoskins once said, it's good to talk.

Bob probably has never met a person with Borderline Personality Disorder. Usually nothing good comes from talking then unless you are a certified therapist with certain skills.

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Re: Disorder

>As actor Bob Hoskins once said,

Right... it's up to you. Frostbite or verbals...

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Disorder

Please don't make jokes about people with disabilities, thanks

2. wolfetone Silver badge
    Coat

Cold War 2: Nuclear Boogaloo.

3. NoneSuch Silver badge
    Joke

Who You Gonna Call?

GHOSTBUST—

No!

No.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hi, this is Bob at Space Force. How are you? Yes, I'm fine thanks. Listen, can we talk to the four star general in charge of nuclear warheads? We seem to have a bunch falling towards our bases and carrier task forces.

Sure, I'll hold.

5. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

A Salty Dog on the Right Cyber Space Track Encounters a Temporary Glitch

However, Saltzman admitted that such approaches had not yet been made, and that the job would be down to US President Joe Biden and the State Department to move forward.

Oh dear. That's unfortunate. And just whenever something future sensible and sensitive from a US commander is aired.

1. Clausewitz4.0 Bronze badge
      Black Helicopters

Re: A Salty Dog on the Right Cyber Space Track Encounters a Temporary Glitch

" A Salty Dog on the Right Cyber Space Track Encounters a Temporary Glitch"

You seem to be very well informed, dear. I believe now I know your source. Thanks.

Ask for more information and not much pleased will you be.

"would be down to US President Joe Biden and the State Department to move forward."

I never worked with USA/UK, never will. You forget there are other players / countries interested. You know it. And better / higher connected players.

Cheers.

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

:-) We here, Clausewitz4.0, have surely never doubted and be pleased to be third party informed there be other Greater IntelAIgent Game Players with better/higher connected players for countries interested.

And it would be rude to not ask for more information that pleases, please. ..... for it has been said .....

The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent ….. Fundamentals of Chess 1883

....... and who wouldn’t enjoy being smarter and a great deal smarter than a bull has to be Oday trading in a bear market?

However, as for ....” I believe now I know your source.” ....... I do harbour doubts that belief is now accurate, for so much is constantly changing all of the time following leads trailing trials in Significantly Better Beta Future Programming Projects in Live Operational Virtual Environments ......... aka New More Orderly OtherWorldly Order Operations.

Can you confirm, Clausewitz4.0, that the more that one thinks and knows one knows about everything, the more one realises how little one knows and how much more there is still yet to learn to enjoy and employ and deploy and exploit? One is just like a sponge thrown into a vast and deep ocean. A body with an insatiable thirst for knowledge pondering and wondering and wandering around in a boundless void of infinite wisdoms. Do you know of others in that otherworldly space for it is difficult to believe it is totally uninhabited and not being prepared for new visitors and pioneering colonisation.

1. Clausewitz4.0 Bronze badge
          Black Helicopters

" The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent ….. Fundamentals of Chess 1883"

True - but what about the high personal, environmental and geopoltical costs associated with playing?

"....... and who wouldn’t enjoy being smarter and a great deal smarter than a bull has to be Oday trading in a bear market?"

Stop trying to get other people's tools and exploits for free buddy. Fund your own scientists / researchers / VX-writers !!!! I am not a non-profit organization.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Taiwan has been independently and democratically governed since the 1940s-50s"

Wait, what? Independently, yes, but democratically, no. It was a one-party military dictatorship well into the 80s.

1. NoneSuch Silver badge
      Boffin

"Taiwan has been independently and democratically governed since the 1940s-50s"

An example of how a nation can show that an oppressive government can be overthrown and replaced with democracy.

Now you know why China wants to occupy them so badly.

7. Uncle Slacky Silver badge
    Stop

> Taiwan, which Beijing considers its property.

Not just Beijing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_China

8. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Shirly there's already a "hotline"

China simply need to read all the misdirected .MIL email that ends up in the spam bucket at .ML

I can see the problem the USSF as as that's a one way "hotline" in the "wrong" direction, and they want some coming the other way :-)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like