back to article AI promises vendors 15 minutes of fame with investors

Divisive 20th century artist Andy Warhol famously said: "In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes." The statement, eerily prophetic of reality show celebrities and social media influencers, appeals to the tech industry as companies scramble for investors' attention. Even the business that first brought Warhol …

1. pdh

We've seen this before

This reminds me of the situation a few years ago where companies would re-brand themselves by adding "Blockchain" to their names. I seem to remember that a few of them saw huge surges in market valuation after doing that, even if they had no blockchain expertise at all, nor any specific plan to use it.

2. that one in the corner Silver badge

the new soup is 13 times hotter

Being a lover of a chicken korma, I know exactly how my guts would react to that AI designed soup.

Strangely, my guts have the same reaction when I read the AI-related press releases.

On hearing there will be an upcoming dramatic announcement: "Tums Tums Taaaa" [1]

[1] actually, Gaviscon, but that name works even less well.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Uber's driverless taxis

Were a big part of the investment "drive" that has gifted Uber $32.451B in assets. Enough so they will be able to glide their effective monopoly and lobbying powerhouse for years without having to worry about making a profit.

Hype pays!

It's my hope that LLM-AI doesn't fall into an non-competitive monopoly scenario like that.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like