back to article SAP's in-and-out burger Qualtrics sold to Silver Lake and Canadian pension funds

Qualtrics, the experience management company briefly owned SAP, will be acquired by Silver Lake and the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPP Investments). SAP acquired Qualtrics in 2018 for $8 billion – mere days before its planned IPO. Then, adding to the intrigue, floated it in 2020. And just three years later, …

1. captain veg Silver badge

Perception

"Qualtrics's future owners will get their hands on a going concern with over 18,000 customers and an arguable leadership position in software that measures customers' perception of the quality of experiences they consume."

Funny that. I thought they made survey software.

-A.

2. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

An experience management company? Are the on the B ark?

1. xyz Silver badge

No... I'm just looking into all this for a customer and it's so cool. May all sound like bollocks but once you add in cloud agnostic/on prem/Google analytics args (add more sales crap words) + data warehouse/lake/lakehouse + snowflake et al it's not bullshit at all. This stuff is pretty near the heart of a data strategy I'm creating. I hate to use the word but.. DataOps. Honestly, lovin'it.

And it pays well ;-)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Silver Lake tries to steer companies it tends to long-term growth"

Maybe its own long term growth, but not the companies they purchase. In my experience it was more like invest no money, cut costs as much as possible, flog off to another company for an obscene amount of profit.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like