back to article Cali puts mobile app makers on notice over privacy

California's attorney general has put mobile app developers on notice: comply with the state's privacy laws and consumer opt-out requests, or get ready to pay - big time. California Attorney General Rob Bonta keeps a running list of enforcement actions taken against companies that fail to comply with the California Consumer …

1. beast666

Lots of people are choosing to opt-out of California completely. I wonder why...

1. jake Silver badge

I wonder why...

"I wonder why..."

Me too. Most are heading to hell-holes like Texas. Out of the frying pan ...

2. anonymous boring coward Silver badge

"Lots of people are choosing to opt-out of California completely. I wonder why..."

You seem to imply that one should know why. I don't know why. (Also, define "lots of")

3. M.V. Lipvig Silver badge

There are a lot of reasons to leave California, but this isn't one of them.

4. anonymous boring coward Silver badge

Why is it then?

Care to actually explain? I haven't got a clue.

2. jake Silver badge

Hey, California, why not hit the big-bucks players who are obviously major privacy concerns? (Google, Amazon, Twitter, Facebook, Microsoft, Apple, etc.) Who knows, if you can squeeze enough money out of them, perhaps we can afford to build the new nuclear plants that we need so badly.

3. Potemkine! Silver badge

No opt-out

Make opt-in mandatory instead, with companies having to prove the user really opted in.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like