back to article HPE hits record compute profit margin, insists you're buying bigger boxes, not being milked

Server buyers who shopped from Hewlett Packard Enterprise contributed to the storied vendor achieving its highest ever operating profit margin for its compute business: 14.7 percent for the fourth quarter of FY22, in contrast to historical rates of between 11 and 13 percent and 9.4 percent for the same quarter in 2021. Compute …

1. Neil Barnes Silver badge

the company is now “rightsized”.

Is that now a euphemism for 'right-aged'?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: the company is now “rightsized”.

My experience with HPE is that we have more staff iwth 30 year plus tenure than anywhere I've worked before - and the average age in my office woudl be late 40s... I see no evidence of getting rid of older staff.

2. AlanSh

I'm pleased

Having worked for Dec-Compaq-HP-HPE for 31 years before I took VR, I do keep an eye on my old company and I like the fact that it's still there and surviving.

1. Yougottalaugh

Re: I'm pleased

Me to its so nice to see an engineer who started his career handling support calls leading a CEO driven transformation that is slowly succeeding. Quarter by quarter they get stronger and better, a real credible option for CIOs to complement the three big hyper scalers by handling the 70% of workloads that don’t naturally fit the public cloud. Dell are trying to follow but HPE have a solid lead

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like