back to article BT re-enters pay talks to prevent further strikes, says union

The Communication Workers Unions (CWU) claims BT Group has agreed to re-enter negotiations to find a solution to the protracted pay dispute that has caused thousands of engineers and call center operators to strike. Since July, 26,000 Openreach and call center personnel have downed tools on eight separate dates, and BT …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Another one off payment

We've just been offered another one off payment.

What a fucking disgrace.

2. AndrueC Silver badge
    Joke

"overwhelming strike action that you have taken in your fight for a fair pay rise in making a different. It has got us back into discussions with BT this week with as view to seeking a resolution to our dispute."

"We have called a meeting of your local branch official so we can get their feedback about next steps ifs our talks fail to meet an acceptable way forward."

So the union isn't big on proof reading?

1. TRT Silver badge

Well the ACP joined with the GPMU and they then joined with Unite...

2. M.V. Lipvig Silver badge

Looks OK to me. i read both paragraphs as, "Past actions taken by union members convinced BT to reopen talks with the union, and the union will hit up local union stewards on what actions should be taken going forward should the new talks get nowhere."

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

It's not how you read it, it's the actual words.

"making a different" should be "making a difference".

"We have called a meeting of your local branch official" possibly should be "at your local branch office" or maybe "with your your local branch official" and in the same sentence, "next steps ifs our talks fail to meet an acceptable way", "if" instead of "ifs" and fail to meet an acceptable way" sounds very wrong to me :-)

The problem with poor grammar and spelling and saying "I read it as..." leaves it open to interpretation by others in a different way. It's why we have so many issues with project managers :-)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

just pull everyone out

Do it as they are about to announce Dividend payments

If the Shareholders see their dividends threatened, they'll deal with the CEO.

I mean how useless is a CEO who can't negotiate with his staff after nearly NINE MONTHS...Thats CORBYN levels of burying your head in the sand.

Sack teh CEO, take his golden parachute and put that towards the increased payments.

Same with the Royal Mail. If a firm is paying dividends to its shareholders it can DEFINITELY afford to give staff pay rises regardless of accountancy shenanigans] to make it look like it's losing money to HMRC - who, to be fair, should ALSO look at ANY firm "making a loss" yet paying Dividends and slap them down

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like