back to article More chipmakers report falling revenue as market braces for tough year

The bad news from the semiconductor industry continues as more chip companies report falling demand, with only TSMC bucking the trend and delivering higher than expected earnings for the quarter just ended. Rising inflation and talk of a possible global recession have contributed to a fall in demand for some tech products. …

1. trevorde Silver badge

Best. News. Ever.

I've been *really* good all year, so Santa might *finally* be able to get me that Raspberry Pi I asked for last Xmas

1. 3arn0wl Bronze badge

Sorry to be the bearer...

I was in the Raspberry Pi shop in Cambridge earlier this week - which still sells units in very limited quantities. I asked if there would be more stock leading up to Christmas, and the operative said it was unlikely.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Sorry to be the bearer...

There is absolutely nothing I can add to that except "sad face" and yet, I feel I must do so....

:-(

2. zuckzuckgo Silver badge

> factors such as export restrictions ...

When the chips are down, that's when you know who your real friends are.

3. Gene Cash Silver badge
    FAIL

Is it falling demand, or are people just not bothering?

Me, I really need a Raspberry Pi, because it's the perfect thing for my application, and there's not a good substitute.

So I'm willing to order it and wait, and lo, my order from Mouser went from "6 months" to me getting it in a month and a half. (got 3x 3B+)

But I see a lot of commentards going "I wanna Pi, but I'm not going to WAIT for one!" and storming off in a huff (as commentards do)

So it's NOT "rising inflation and talk of a possible global recession" - it's just people not putting up with the crap and finding something else to do.

1. DS999 Silver badge

Re: Is it falling demand, or are people just not bothering?

Its oversupply in the DRAM and NAND markets, as those are entering their classic 'bust' cycle and after a couple years of no new investments in DRAM and NAND (at least in the west) we'll see another shortage and then it is 'boom' time for Micron and Samsung.

TSMC is bucking the trend because they had so much demand that even with it falling they are still running flat out.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Is it falling demand, or are people just not bothering?

OK, I'll bite. Mouser isn't currently accepting orders for the raspberry pi zero 2 W. I'd be very interested to know of someone selling them at MSRP with a reliable prediction of a delivery date... (No, it's not for business, I've got an IQaudio board that needs a raspberry pi zero to go with it.)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like