1. Dave559 Silver badge
    Flame

Ohno, flatso

Ugh, I see that The Reg's stylesheet crayon-wielder [sic: no offence intended] has recently changed the UI buttons in the forums to that horrible ugly flat design look.

Please, please, cease, desist, and revert to something more tasteful and elegant again; otherwise, as well as myself and all of the other readers with any sense of aesthetics, you'll surely find yourselves buried under a barrage of (rightfully) BOMBASTIC rants from you-know-who… ;-P

1. jake Silver badge
      Pint

Re: Ohno, flatso

It really is quite ugly, isn't it? Looks like placeholders to me ... Hopefully they are still working on what will become the new reality.

2. ThatOne Silver badge
    Devil

I guess the next step is a dark gray background color. You know, the hip cool Windows 11 look, the pinnacle of 21st century graphical design...

It's amazing, when I boot Windows 11 after having worked in Linux, I always get that "Ew, that looks really cheap and amateurish!" reaction. Although I have to admit my flavor of Linux is starting to try recreate that monochrome "Windows 3.0 on on a HD screen" look too.

3. J. Cook Silver badge
    Mushroom

At least it's not grey text in a grey bordered box with a light grey background so that the contrast differential gives you a migraine after 30 seconds and/or looks like a disabled control? *glares at several very very expensive products that made that UI choice*

@ThatOne: It's the "Hot Dog" color scheme or nothing on some machines- I want to have my eyes melt out my skull if I'm working on a critical piece of infrastructure, because I want people to know that screwing around with it is a BAD AND TERRIBLE IDEA. :D :D :D

4. Dave559 Silver badge

Spews of hideous colours

Something that sadly also seems to be accompanying the flatso undesign fad are various sites changing their colour palettes for absolutely garish eye-searing and unattractive colours in a really quite vomit-inducing way (for example, the London Stock Exchange, whom you would expect to always remain tasteful, professional and understated). Just what sort of toxins has someone been putting in so-called designers' morning coffee?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon