Devil....Spoon....and so on......
Quote: "...websites built for covert comms..."
Laughable really!! The so-called "intelligence services" really don't get it do they?
ARPANET was NEVER designed to be secure.....and so it is with ARPANET's distant descendent...the internet.
Here's a quote from a qualified observer...from 1999:
- [Scott McNealy] "You have zero privacy anyway", https://www.wired.com/1999/01/sun-on-privacy-get-over-it/
Or this in 2015:
- [NSA quote] https://www.wired.com/2015/11/yes-the-nsa-worried-about-whether-spying-would-backfire/
Yup...some of the observers out there (Scott McNealy, Edward Snowden to name two) have told us that there's a simple expression:
INTERNET + SOFTWARE != PRIVACY
Why the three-letter agencies think that this logic does not apply to their own operations is a mystery.
But then again, arrogance might be an answer....
I have some suggestions, and most of them involve little or no "technology":
(1) One time pads
(2) Dead letter boxes
(3) Face time in public places (preferably away from CCTV)
(4) Air gapped devices devoid of WiFi, Bluetooth etc
(5) Mobiles mostly switched off (and mostly "burners")
(6) Ban on "Find My" devices, or similar
(7) Ban on "Ring" doorbells, or similar
(8) ....and so on.......
If you sup with the devil.....you need a (very) long spoon!!!!