back to article Mandiant links APT42 to Iranian 'terrorist org'

Mandiant has named a new threat group, APT42, that it says functions as the cyberspy arm of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), which has plotted to murder US citizens including former National Security Advisor John Bolton. While its financial backers turn their attention to assasination attempts and other …

1. Clausewitz4.0 Bronze badge
    Devil

Stuxnet, anyone?

So, is it ok to deploy malware to blow up nuclear facilities and to not expect retaliation?

Stuxnet

Strange times indeed...

1. Furious Reg reader John

Re: Stuxnet, anyone?

It is very much OK to deploy malware to screwup the nuclear production facilities of a genocidal bunch of religious nutjobs. I'm certain that when Stuxnet was done, it was done with retaliation fully expected.

1. VoiceOfTruth Silver badge

In which case it should be used against the American lunatics with their "slavery is OK cos it's in scripture" religious nutjobs.

I haven't seen Iran invade anyone for over 200 years. The USA? Still at it, spreading "peace and democracy".

And if Stuxnet had been an effective counter to the slave trade, then its use then would have been perfectly OK as well.

You might however want to do a bit of research about Stuxnet and the slave trade to understand why Stuxnet wouldn't have been an effective tool against slavery in the 1800's.

2. Furious Reg reader John

Should have gone to SpecSavers - "I haven't seen Iran invade anyone for over 200 years" - Iraq, Yemen, Gaza, Judea and Samaria, Syria, Lebanon, Abu Musa and the Greater and Lesser Tunbs are all currently under varying degrees of Iranian occupation.

Quite how you have the impertinence to mention Iraq after the USA murdered 1,000,000 Iraqis is astonishing. As far as I can see Iran has not invaded any of the countries and non-existent countries you have listed.

1. Anonymous Coward
              Anonymous Coward

Back to whataboutisms again Vlad.

And Iran were also involved in lots of the deaths in Iraq, so no impertinence in regard to me mentioning Iraq.

If you want to pretend Iran isn't on the ground with active military forces controlling, or trying to control, the governance of the places mentioned (and others), so be it, but that doesn't alter the fact that they are.

2. DustFox

Spoken like the murderous John Bolton and the Yiddish mafia Colony in the middle east! I don't see Iran responsible for the killing of over 5 million Arabs since the creation of the illegal colony if the Yiddish mafia for wars pushed by the same mafia rhat has strangling hold on all U.S aspect of life since Trueman! and every American knows who we are talking about . And who is occupying the counties up you mention again? Palestine has been occupied by the murderous Yiddish mafia Colony more rhan 70 years. Iraq, Syria, Libya totally destroyed occupied by rhe U.S to protect the colony Trump even said it out loud. Should I more?

The Mossad say they have your shoe if you are looking for it.

2. fidodogbreath

Right, that must be the trigger, because there was absolutely no animosity between the US and Iran prior to Stuxnet.

2. VoiceOfTruth Silver badge

Mandiant

Can Mandiant uncover any spying by the USA? If not, please stop quoting this shill.

Re: Mandiant

Loads of info publicly available about the US's cyber spying activities, so Mandiant don't really need to republish WikiLeaks.

If they did perhaps they would be awaiting extradition somewhere. See what I mean?

I'm sure they are on Iran's list.

3. Potemkine! Silver badge

Mandiant's declarations are not enough. Mandiant must bring proofs to its claims.

I have no problem to see IRGC considered a terrorist organisation because it murders people. But there's a double standard there. Iranian nuclear scientists were killed and neither the MEK nor the Mossad are declared terrorist organisations by the Western countries.

== Bring us Dabbsy back! ==

1. SundogUK Silver badge

Iran has explicitly stated that they are going to nuke Israel off the face of the earth as soon as they have the capability. Given that, Iranian nuclear physicists are fair game.

1. Potemkine! Silver badge

Iran has explicitly stated that they are going to nuke Israel off the face of the earth as soon as they have the capability

Source please.

Israel has stated it was willing to attack Iran. With your logic, Iran is right to kill Israelis.

Israel has between 80 to 400 nuclear warheads. It can vitrify Iran and all its neighbours.

== Bring us Dabbsy back! ==

It is alleged that "Israel has between 80 to 400 nuclear warheads."

Indeed, it probably "can vitrify Iran and all its neighbours." but it hasn't. In fact, because of the threat Iran now poses to them, many of Iran's neighbours have signed peace treaties with Israel.

So either Israel doesn't have the warheads (but they probably do), or it isn't intent on a genocidal rampage and would prefer not to use the warheads. Iran however continuously calls for the elimination of Israel.

"With your logic, Iran is right to kill Israelis." - no, your logic is wrong - it would be illogical of Israel not to do something about the threat to kill millions made by the genocidal morons in charge of Iran.

If you need sources for Iran's threats against Israel, there are far too many to list here - just use Google to find them yourself.

1. DustFox

Israel is an illegal occupation nothing more nothing less. Its responsible for all the wars and conflicts in the entire region and the death of over 5 million Arabs sofar those wars were pushed my the Yiddish mafia that has tight grips on the all aspects of U.S citizens life. If you don't know this then you are fooling yourself.

There is a word to describe someone who blames the Jews for everything.....

2. Clausewitz4.0 Bronze badge
          Devil

QUOTE: "Israel has between 80 to 400 nuclear warheads. It can vitrify Iran and all its neighbours."

Three words for Israel - SCO ( Shanghai Cooperation Organisation )

Let's be good global neighbors, ok?

Iran are Observer members and Israel has applied for Dialogue Partner status. However, I think you might be confusing SCO and Collective Security Treaty Organization, which is the mutual defence treaty, similar to NATO. But Iran aren't members of that, so both SCO and CSTO are irrelevant as far as deterring Israel from nuking Iran if it wished.

Iran wants to nuke Israel as soon as it can build the weapons. Israel hasn't nuked anyone, despite allegedly having the capability since the 60s or 70s. That may of course change when Iran gets close to launching its planned attack on Israel.

Given how badly the neighbours are to it, Israel is an amazingly good neighbour to have.

2. DustFox

Zionists are responsible for the destruction of th entire Middle East for their illegal colony nto survive. And most likely paying 1000s of Indian cheap internet trolls to write Hasbarah for them on the internet forums its fact!

I have to assume your "anti-Hasbarah" is from the Indian Poundland troll shop.

It's not a court of law, just an infosec report, so no proof needed. Believe it or don't, the choice is yours.

The genocidal maniacs in charge of Iran consider both to be terrorists. I'm sure you understand why "Western countries" might cut certain entities some slack if they take action against the Iranian nuclear weapons program.

3. Clausewitz4.0 Bronze badge
      Devil

Real Men Go To Tehran

If you are smart enough, you can see those Mossad puss1es coming from a mile away. Just carry your knifes and hopefully a gun. They try to kill a lot, but they fail a lot too. Been there.

Always remembering: Boys Go to Baghdad, Real Men Go to Tehran

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like