back to article India is crowdsourcing ideas for its telecommunication reform

India’s Department of Telecommunications has put out a consultation paper calling for input into generational reform of its telecommunication laws. Issued over the weekend, the paper notes that India's most recent major comms law was passed in 1951. In 1997 India had 15 million phone subscribers, but now has over 1.17 billion …

1. elsergiovolador Silver badge

Idea

Governments around the world seem to be beating around the bush when it comes to telecommunication reforms.

We all know they want to listen and see everything that goes on with everyone.

So why not have a requirement that all phones have microphones on at all times and send audio data to the government's intelligence service. Possibly a camera feed to.

The phone should also be making a transcription of whatever it hears and send that as well if there is weak signal.

Telephone should also be capable of zapping the user if they say something like Modi Toady

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I didnt see anything about reforming the state sponsored* teams of organised criminals stealing billions through telephone fraud.

*ie turning blind eye

3. DS999 Silver badge

Auctioning rights to 72 GHz of spectrum?

In bands from 500 MHz to 26 GHz? How are they managing that trick?

4. anthonyhegedus Silver badge

Perhaps they ought to address one of India's biggest exports - scammy call centres?

I get 2-3 calls every day asking for a 'Fred Robertson' (not my name) plus 2-3 failed calls where it just hangs up.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like