back to article Intel takes deep dive into immersion cooling with GRC

Intel has partnered with Green Revolution Cooling (GRC) on a joint whitepaper about liquid immersion cooling. The pair make the case for sustainability, claiming it reduces the power needed to cool a datacenter as well as cutting operational costs. The companies announced a multi-year project in January aimed at helping the …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fluid choice

The major issue is the choice of cooling fluid as it is in close contact with all the components in the system and it will interact with some of them. All components include what you make the boards from the sealant and internals of discrete components on the board as well as all of the chips. Expect some short life times for the first set of systems

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Fluid choice

I've never had a problem when using level 4 and 5 mil-spec board. Even when sea water was used as the coolant - yes you did read that correctly! And no, I most definately cannot give any more details!

2. Martin-73 Silver badge

Did anyone else

Read the headline and think 'ooh Steve Gibson's branched out' ?

3. FILE_ID.DIZ

Cynic in me

Intel breaths a sigh of relief - No longer are their crappy engineers constrained by the thermal interface known as "air".

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like