back to article SK hynix pitches tents at Chinese factory to house workers in case of lockdowns

South Korean chipmaker SK hynix has pitched hundreds of tents at its plant in Wuxi, China, The company's Wuxi plant can produce 180,000 silicon wafers each month – a significant slice of global capacity. Needless to say, making all those wafers is hard if workers can't get to the factory, and right now that looks like a …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

proximity

"SK hynix appears to have tried to get in early, although the facilities depicted above look far from luxurious."

Indeed. I really wonder if that quite insane level of proximity can prevent one dude to infect at least all 5 tents touching his.

Probably not, therefore, probably some isolation rooms will be deployed for those infected. And I'm sure the pic is indeed luxury compared to those rooms !

1. badflorist

Re: proximity

When you're forced to live in a tent on your employer's lot, any virus short of Ebola isn"t going to be a daily concern.

What isn't covered is wether or not this is a 2-way restriction, for example are conjugal visits allowed? Can you have sex in the tent with a co-worker? It sucks, but might as well get head of the situation.

Anyone who's ever camped the Greatful Dead or Jimmy Buffett (especially Buffett) will know that you want the spot on top of the hill.

2. HildyJ Silver badge
    Facepalm

WFT

So for those who can't Work From Home we now have Work From Tent.

I wonder how long it will be before Elon gloms onto this.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022