back to article Tata Consultancy Services to create touchy feely 'Internet of Actions'

The Japanese outpost of Indian services giant Tata Consultancy Services has revealed it is working on the "Internet of Actions" – an effort to bring the sense of touch to the internet. Tata has paired with a Japanese upstart from Keio University, Motion Lib, to spearhead the endeavor. TCS said it will eventually deliver a " …

1. elsergiovolador Silver badge

WFH

Do you think if managers will be able to grope and smack remote workers, they'll stop insisting on coming to office?

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Re: WFH

Probably not.

On the other hand, videoconferencing might become a lot more interesting - on certain special channels (if you get my drift).

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

On the other hand, videoconferencing might become a lot more interesting - on certain special channels (if you get my drift). .... Pascal Monett

I’m presuming/assuming that’s those Private and Pirate channels that support and develop the pr0n industry thosrtanner has mentioned, PM, for/with Scandi Erotography at its Hard Core, Out of this World, Best.

If the pr0n industry isn't supporting this, it's not gonna fly .... thosrtanner

2. Anonymous Coward
        Gimp

Tractor/Combine harvester webinars ?

2. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

If only it would allow you to reach out and punch spammers...

3. thosrtanner
    Paris Hilton

If the pr0n industry isn't supporting this, it's not gonna fly

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It would be nice to have haptic feedback comparable with human touch when doing clay modelling. No more mess, no blocked sinks, no shrinkage - and the editing ability to undo a misjudged movement. No moulds to make afterwards for multiple copies - just resize and 3D print as required. The scale of Michelangelo's "David" is a bit beyond precision 3D printers at the moment though.

5. Jan K.

".. allowing the simulation of real touch and allowing for more dexterous interactions."

I'll stop working and never leave home again!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like