back to article Rise in Taiwanese energy prices may hit global chip production

Taiwan's state-owned energy company is looking to raise prices for industrial users, a move likely to impact chipmakers such as TSMC, which may well have a knock-on effect on the semiconductor supply chain. According to Bloomberg, the Taiwan Power Company, which produces electricity for the island nation, has proposed …

1. codejunky Silver badge

Hmm

Now tell the west that increasing energy costs harms industry. Then turn to the little greenies and explain how increasing costs for much less power to appease a sky god is stupid.

Hey I can dream

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"At the same time, the country is experiencing record demand for power because of increasing industrial requirements and because of high temperatures driving the use of air conditioning,"

How dare those Taiwanese people try to be comfortable when the rest of the world needs their chips ASAP! If you want to be the world's greatest producer of silicon circuit wizardry, you need to be prepared to suffer. Priorities, people! Priorities!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Exactly. Just look at those plucky Brits with their 40% energy rises. Freezing in winter, roasting in the 2 days of summer. All to be a world leader in ....

Ah.

Oh.

Hmm.

Err?

1. elsergiovolador Silver badge

We are the world leader in Brexits.

3. ThatOne Silver badge
    Unhappy

*Sigh*

> likely to result in higher chip prices as the costs are passed on to customers

I'd really like to see one instance of things actually getting cheaper...

Unfortunately costs are passed on to customers, and profits to their pockets. (Not speaking specifically about chips (nor fish), I speak generally. You always get less, but for more money.)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like