back to article Super-spreader FluBot squashed by Europol

FluBot, the super-spreader Android malware that infected tens of thousands of phones globally, has been reportedly squashed by an international law enforcement operation. In May, Dutch police disrupted the mobile malware's infrastructure, disconnecting thousands of victims' devices from the FluBot network and preventing more …

1. Joe W Silver badge
    Pint

I wonder...

likely to be malware if: If you try to uninstall an app, and are instead shown an error message

You mean like the crapware most phones come with? The pre-installed, non-removable stuff? That you might be able to "force stop" if you are lucky (and believe that this would, you know, stop the app)? Yeah, that's malware alright :)

---> in need of that, surrounded(*) by stupidity.

(*) hm. so am I at the centre of stupid or am I the de-facto centre of stupid? Explains certain things....

I need another coffee. Maybe some "corrected" coffee...

1. Stuart Castle Silver badge

Re: I wonder...

I'd like to see that crapware become opt in. IE, you need to install it if you want it. The manufacturer could include a screen in the phone's setup trying to sell it to you, and giving easy links.

2. Ken Moorhouse Silver badge

it doesn't open//instead shown an error message

Horse...Stable Door...Bolted

3. Zanzibar Rastapopulous

Spain

Having experienced the frustration of trying to receive a parcel in Spain I can see how people fall for this..

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Spain

..... even though you live in Austalia? :-)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022