back to article Communication around Heroku security incident dubbed 'train wreck'

Efforts by Salesforce-owned cloud platform Heroku to manage a recent security incident are turning into a bit of a disaster, according to some users. Heroku has run security incident notifications for 18 days and appears to have upset several of its customers due to a perceived lack of openness and communication. github So, …

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

The "Law of No Evidence"

"Law of No Evidence: Any claim that there is 'no evidence' of something is evidence of bullshit"

That seems to be pushing it a bit in my view. If I am suddenly convinced that the disappearance of my sunglasses means that my house has been broken into, but find no broken window, no scratch marks on my front/back door keyhole and no muddy footprints anywhere, then there is no evidence that my house was broken into.

So it's just me forgetting where I put the bloody things.

No evidence is evidence that either you have to look harder, or you have to look elsewhere.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: The "Law of No Evidence"

Are you 100% certain that you had sole possession of your house keys for the duration? Because, don't forget, some of your sunglasses have a lot of our personal details etched onto them for some reason.

2. J. Cook Silver badge
    FAIL

I see it ironic that a company that was created to make it easier for businesses to communicate is having problems with... communication.

This annoys me only in that I have a heroku account solely for a bit of inter-system communications that could be better run on an on-prem system (like a suitably configured raspberry pi) but a) I don't have the source code for it; and b) I don't have the coding chops to reverse engineer it myself.

3. cyberdemon Silver badge
    Devil

Salesforce also own Slack btw

Salesforce acquired Slack last year..

A communications "Train Wreck"? I could only imagine how much worse this could have been if Slack were compromised instead of (or as well as) Heroku.

THAT would have been a communications train wreck, not just for salesforce, but for their entire customer base who rely on Slack for their internal communications.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

> their entire customer base who rely on Slack for their internal communications.

I know what you mean, but if they use Slack their comms are hardly "internal".

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like