Not 100% "self" repair
I just took a quick look here https://www.selfservicerepair.com/order at both the display and battery repairs. Both include "important information" that reads:
"This part requires the System Configuration software tool. After performing the repair, contact us by chat or phone to initiate System Configuration."
System Configuration requires a strong Wi-Fi network capable of 1.0 Mbps download and upload speeds, with less than 400 ms latency and less than 2% packet loss. Estimated data usage to run System Configuration is 6–22 MB. The device must be running the latest version of iOS and not a beta version.
A System Configuration step may be required at the end of your repair. System Configuration is a postrepair software tool that completes the repair for genuine Apple parts. Running System Configuration has a number of purposes that vary based on the part replaced.
What System Configuration does
1) Transfers factory calibration values
2) Links Secure Element and biometric authentication parts
3) Ensures repair integrity
4) Assigns wireless region
5) Updates firmware
Why it’s important
1) Certain parts like displays, cameras, and ambient light sensors have calibration values that are customized to each individual part during manufacturing. Transferring these values ensures maximum performance and quality after a repair.
2) After repair of a logic board or a biometric authentication part (Touch ID or Face ID), linking the biometric sensors to the Secure Enclave on the logic board is required to ensure device security.
3) After a hardware repair, software checks are performed to ensure repair integrity. Repair integrity means that a genuine Apple part has been correctly installed.
4) To comply with regional communications regulations, a wireless region must be assigned to your logic board. Updates firmware
5) Keeping firmware up to date ensures that the device has all the latest security and performance features.
So no installing an iphone 12 or iphone 13 battery in your iphone 11.
I particularly like:
• The heated display removal fixture softens adhesive to allow separation of the display from the enclosure. The fixture is used with a heated display pocket designed for the device’s specific dimensions.
• The display press applies the appropriate amount of pressure to secure new adhesive during display installation. The display press is used with a repair tray and display adhesive press plate designed for the device’s specific dimensions.
• The battery press applies the appropriate amount of pressure to secure new adhesive during battery installation. The battery press is used with a repair tray designed for the device’s specific dimensions.
• Never reinstall a screw after it has been removed. Install only new screws. iPhone screw grooves are covered in adhesive that can’t be reused.
• Use only the torque driver indicated to install new screws during reassembly. Both overtightened screws and loose screws can damage parts.
I especially like:
How to handle a battery thermal event
A battery thermal event is a rapid chemical chain reaction that occurs inside a battery cell. The energy stored in the battery is released suddenly, which can cause outgassing and fire. A battery thermal event can be triggered by physical damage to the battery, improper replacement or repair, or temperatures outside the battery’s operating range.