back to article Timetable for industrial action ballot against BT imminent

The Communication and Workers Union (CWU) will this week publish the timetable to run an industrial action ballot over the pay rise BT gave to members recently, with the telco's subsidiaries to vote separately. Earlier this month, BT paid its 58,000 frontline workers a flat rate increase of £1,500 ($1,930) for the year, upping …

1. Korev Silver badge
    Childcatcher

Maybe drop the expensive football rights, pay the staff enough to live and keep the rest as profit?

1. tmTM

I think that option has been obvious from the day they announced they were buying the football rights.

No great wonder BT has struggled for growth in recent years with that millstone around it's neck

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

How can you question the value of content like this?

https://www.bt.com/sport/football/st-mirren/news

2. ChrisElvidge

Profit / Front-line workers =

~ 25.5k

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Interesting viewpoint......

"It's the job of every individual member of this union to get out there and convince all your colleagues to vote in this ballot. And to vote yes," she added.

Really - they are employed by the union then? I thought it was the job of every union member at BT to go out there and run the worlds finest telecomms network (or something along those lines) in the most efficient method.

Not that I am union bashing (generally in favour of them in larger organisations) but sometimes they seem to forget why their members are actually members.

4. J.G.Harston Silver badge

If they want shares of BT's profit they are completely free to buy some shares in BT.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022