back to article SpaceX's Starlink service suffers brief but global weekend outage

It appears that even users of Elon Musk's Starlink service are not immune to the odd bit of borkage as the broadband-from-orbit system suffered an outage at the weekend. Starlink boasts of serving up high-speed, low-latency broadband via its constellation of satellites, claiming download speeds ranging between 100Mb/s and …

1. NoneSuch Silver badge
    FAIL

Russian (or Chinese) "enthusiasts" mucking about after the StarLink press releases supporting Ukraine

maybe?

1. Martin-73 Silver badge

That and the fact Elon has VERY publicly given starlink terminals to .ua, and been thanked personally by Zelenskyy, makes that a possibility

2. Pete 2 Silver badge

Gone in a flash

> The Register contacted Starlink and parent company SpaceX for comment and will update should a response be received.

Presumably after they have rebooted / fixed their problems.

In other news: Sunspot Activity On the Sun [ where else? ] Is Seriously Exceeding Official Predictions

3. xyz

between 100Mb/s and 200Mb/s!!!!!

I'm getting over 300mb/s. All hail Elon, I'm effin lovin' it. GF can rabbit all day on Teams whilst I can get on with coding (err, watching Youtube)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022