What happens to the seizures?
I've always wondered what happens to the seized crypto in operations such as this. At least weekly you hear "Crooks get done, $x million/billion in crypto seized" or similar.
So where does it go? Restitution/returned to "victims"? Stored for infinity in some fed-held wallet as it's not a recognised asset in whatever jurisdiction it is? 80% gets forgotten about and the remaining 20% gets declared in the press release as a successful bust?
Icon for effect.