back to article HSBC taps IBM to explore quantum for financial applications

IBM is working with HSBC bank to explore potential applications for quantum computing in financial services. The three-year project will examine the use of quantum technology in areas such as pricing and portfolio optimization, as well as mitigating risks and identifying fraudulent activity. Under the agreement, HSBC will …

1. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

Meanwhile: https://www.technologyreview.com/2022/03/28/1048355/quantum-computing-has-a-hype-problem/

2. Tempest
    Thumb Down

Why Not Start at the Basics Such as Having an Banking App that Actually Works

Smart move hiring outside talent since HSBC-UK is totally incompetent when in comes to Apps, even.

After weeks of trying to load the UK App I found it is useless and dysfunctional - don't believe me, just check the comments in Googles App store.

I bank with HSBC in several countries. Take the Canadian App, installed in 3 days and loaded as if it was covered with KY Jelly. Meanwhile, back at the Mothership, a new, pure Google smartphone loaded with the HSBC-UK App never functioned.

Thank goodness we have other banking choices.

1. Throatwarbler Mangrove Silver badge
      Trollface

Re: Why Not Start at the Basics Such as Having an Banking App that Actually Works

But with quantum computing, the app will both work and not work simultaneously, so it will be an improvement!

3. NeilPost Silver badge

Digital Secure Key

Could they use the Quantum AI to diagnose and resolve their shite Digital Secure Key for Current Account customers to stop it locking out so often and involving a frustrating bank visit or tedious Helpdesk call where as your Digital Secure Key is locked out it’s painful to verify your identify and reset the Fucking thing. Esp’ painful on a phone migration.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Grab some popcorn..................

Stand by for the next 'Watson Health' fiasco as the painful reality of IBM's quantum capability usurps their marketing hype.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like