back to article Microsoft, Nvidia extend Azure confidential computing to GPUs

Microsoft has linked up with Nvidia to enable confidential computing in its Azure cloud to encompass the graphics giant's GPUs. This will allow GPUs to process workloads on Azure that call for the highest level of protection, such as applications in healthcare or financial services. With confidential computing support for …

1. HildyJ Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

Hmm?

This would be a far more impactful announcement if Microsoft and Nvidia had not both been compromised in the past month by Lapsus$ hackers leaking shit-tons of internal data to the world.

One wonders if any of the code related to this project was included.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pointless flagwaving

This may work in the US, but using any Microsoft product for confidentiality is trusting them to have expertise they have as yet failed to demonstrate and be fully clear of alternative agenda's and laws that seemed to be made for compelling disclosure.

Sorry, no. That said, if it really has to be confidential I would find trusting *any* cloudy outfit challenging so it may just be me.

1. Korev Silver badge

Re: Pointless flagwaving

My understanding is that MS have been "taking a hit for the team[0]" and publicly fighting off access to customers' data.

[0] Team = the cloud / hosting vendors

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022