back to article Users report trouble with Azure DevOps services

Azure DevOps services in Europe have slowed and in some cases are unavailable, resulting in a number of the platform's offerings being broken for local users. Problems began on Tuesday afternoon, UK time, taking out (or rather "degrading") some fairly critical services. Boards, Repos, Pipelines and Test Plans have all been …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If Microsoft are being consistent

It will be due to "... a recent change / recently enabled flight which is now being reverted..."

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's just making sure it's all compatible.

To truly replace local storage, the Cloud should be just as reliable as locally installed Windows.

As far as I'm concerned they fully achieved that with all these outages.

1. David 132 Silver badge
      Happy

Re: It's just making sure it's all compatible.

"Our service has 5 9s level of reliability. Oh, I'm sorry, I mis-read that. There is a 9 and a 5 in there. But there's also the word 'Windows' just before those two digits..."

1. Zippy´s Sausage Factory
        Joke

I'm not sure whether to upvote for the pun or downvote for insulting Windows 95...

1. David 132 Silver badge
          Happy

Yeah, yeah, I know, but I couldn't really work Windows ME - the poster child for "as stable as an upturned pyramid" OSes - into the pun. So 95 it was. If it makes you feel any better, pretend I was referring to the first release, not the later, and better, OSR2 ones.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Genuinely don't understand why anyone would use this service. CircleCI, GitLab, Github (Actions) - all so much better.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022