back to article Citrix says benefits are safe for staff – except maybe visa holders

Vista Equity Partners and Evergreen Coast Capital, the two private equiteers behind the plan to take Citrix private and merge it with TIBCO have given assurances to Citrix staff their benefits aren't in immediate peril – but warned workers on H-1B visas they'll likely face a review. The warning for staff employed on the visas …

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    FAIL

"their benefits aren't in immediate peril"

You've got to love that phrasing. You're not in immediate peril. We'll be arranging that later.

Instead of declaring something actually reassuring, like "your benefits are safe".

Well, apparently they are not. Time to polish up the CVs.

1. Dan 55 Silver badge

Re: "their benefits aren't in immediate peril"

Only if they accept another job then they go through the fun of re-applying for a H1B visa all over again.

I expect Citrix know that - "which part of the workforce will put up with corporate bullshit more than the rest? Ah yes, the H1B holders."

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Jenga

"As such, it is a great time to join Citrix and become part of driving our future."

They can't help themselves, can they? They spew out spurious, dubious, vague, unbelievable 'answer' after 'answer', and then they add something so obviously reprehensible that the whole tower of bullshit collapses.

3. Electronics'R'Us Silver badge
    Holmes

Corporate doublespeak

...and that once the companies combine workers can expect "a competitive total rewards package"

Translation: We will not pay current rates and give you (worthless) so called perks instead.

As noted already - time to refresh the CVs / resumes and look around in earnest.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yeah, good luck with all that

Having been bought by Vista Equity in the past, I think I know how this turns out...

5. BSFilter

What an amazing way to destroy a company and in the process fill your pockets with $. let's see if they deliver on the non-vested RSU promise. Middle of the year will feel like an eternity. Hope citrix customers and partners read The Register

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Being part of a conglomerate...

...is never going to be good for innovation or staff.

I suspect that they'll just run the company to make back their money and eventually a competitor will overtake and they'll shut it all down. It's basically hitting the "cash out now" button.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022