back to article We kick the tires on Qubes 4.1.0 and indeed, it's still a 'reasonably secure' OS

The Qubes compartmentalised operating system developers have put out version 4.1.0. The new version has experimental support for running the GUI and audio server in their own VMs, and an optional remote-support facility. The Qubes VM-based operating system modestly calls itself "a reasonably secure operating system". Qubes …

1. Primus Secundus Tertius

So the only security problems are PEBCAK ones.

2. ThatOne Silver badge
    Happy

Oops - The perfect solution?

Wait - did I get this right? From the user's point of view, you get a Linux desktop which is able to run software from any OS? Sounds great!

Wine only goes so far, some of the programs I need work in Wine, but are a wee little bit slower, making using them in Wine tedious: At the end of the day you've wasted an inordinate amount of time waiting for things to load or happen.)

3. sreynolds

Trust no one

Suspicious content? Everybloody thing that you receive from anyone from anywhere is suspicious/

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I miss qubes. Its was a great OS 5 years ago and has probably only massively improved since then. Keep up the great work!

If I could [afford to] have one more laptop around it would be dedicated qubes device!

At the moment my pcs are kinda dedicated to different things, gaming, and a shared family device. The two areas it just isn't a great fit. Then "work stuff" where it would be ideal but I don't get a say in matters.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like