back to article Multi-level marketing corporation that sells weightloss products sues ex-exec over 'fraudulent' Dell deal

MLM firm Herbalife, which sells diet-linked products but styles itself as a "nutrition company", has accused one of its former execs of cutting a "fraudulent" $20m deal with a Dell reseller. the herbalife headquarters in los angeles Herbalife's headquarters in Los Angeles The company details its accusations in a breach of …

1. WolfFan Silver badge

Con artists got conned

And now they’re crying. That’s what it looks like to me, anyway.

1. trindflo Bronze badge

Re: Con artists got conned

I sort-of agree, but it looks more to me like a Con artist got embezzled.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sounds to me like the BCDR project was going ahead with on-prem hardware, Herbalife changed their mind and decided to go cloud, and now they're trying to build a false paper trail, crying "see, see, see!" and pointing to the falsified information. At least that is what I would expect such a "reputable" company to do...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So those contracts were about as trustworthy as the claimed product health benefits?

Lovely.

4. Winkypop Silver badge
    Trollface

MLM companies

Not used to being the screwee

5. Snowy Silver badge
    Holmes

Friends

Do not let friends do Herbalife!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6MwGeOm8iI

Yes I am linking to John Oliver but it does cover this company very well.

1. Medixstiff

Re: Friends

Yeah when I was younger and dumber a customer of mine - because I worked in retail computer sales - asked me along to a seminar of theirs and after the first 5 minutes I knew it was an Amway type pyramid scheme where those up top get all the money.

6. Kane
    Thumb Up

The irony of this article is not lost on me

The post is required, and must contain letters.

7. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse

Despite it not working out for him...

Despite the well documented Bill Ackman short on Herbalife not quite working out as he'd hoped, the documentary Betting on Zero is none-the-less quite an interesting insight into the Herbalife con.

8. Alan Bourke

Quacks Outquacked

Film at 10

9. gberg5800

Claims against Gerry Berg have been dismissed in updated filing submitted on May 16, 2022.

The case against Gerry L Berg filed by Herbalife Nutrition has been dismissed. An ammended complaint filed on May 16, 2022 with the US District Court for the Central District of California has removed Mr. Berg's name from the complaint and he is no longer a party to this complaint. Please be responsible and update your story.

1. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re: Claims against Gerry Berg have been dismissed

Sure -- I've added that into the article, thanks.

C.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like