back to article Bork ends where it began. At McDonald's, home of the finest bork product

We reach the end of our 12 Borks of Christmas today and, really, there is only one place to end: where it all began, with an unhappy touchscreen at McDonald's. Spotted by a Register reader in California, the self-service kiosk is normally a place where customers can jab a screen before lining up to receive whatever fried …

1. Annihilator
    Coffee/keyboard

Blessing

Given the news reports about traces of faecal matter being detected on those touchscreens, I think we should consider ourselves lucky.

1. Skiron
      Alert

Re: Blessing

Is that from people that have already eaten there buying a drink after their big mac?

2. devin3782

That's a pleasing Vista(tm)

3. Gene Cash Silver badge

"Despite the kiosk being closed in order to stop customers crowding too closely together"

So wait a minute, it's better to crowd together at a register for 3 to 4 times longer, instead? What?

The kiosks forced employees to bring the bags to a table, so they were hated.

They were the only reason I went to McD's, because the only time I get my order correct is when I type it in myself (and this includes Wendy's, Burger King, Taco Bell, Arby's, and other such monstrosities) and McD's was the only place with working self-order kiosks.

Apparently "add extra onion" is a feat beyond human comprehension at the register.

Anyway, it's been a really cool series, and thank you all for bringing a smile to my face (where it felt really out of place) multiple times

1. chivo243 Silver badge
      Happy

Re: "Despite the kiosk being closed in order to stop customers crowding too closely together"

I think the kiosks were too close together, and every other had to be closed to maintain 1.5 units.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

For your safety this kiosk is closed to ensure...

...you don't poison yourself and family with our chemical-laden eyeballs and excrement charnel house slop we serve in lieu of actual food.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@AC - Re: For your safety this kiosk is closed to ensure...

Do not badmouth them because they are the (near?) future. And then, after a relatively short time they will be remembered fondly when we will all gather in front of the soylent green distributing machines.

5. wub

Thanks for the all the borks!

I just wanted to say that you have brightened things up a bit for me during the holidays by providing your readers with something to smile at. Sometimes I need a bit of a breather...

6. X5-332960073452
    Boffin

McDMagnifier.exe - so that's what they use in their TV adverts to make the 'burger' look bigger (could be small hands)

7. Winkypop Silver badge
    Windows

McDMagnifier.exe

Would you like to upsize that “meal”?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like