back to article Microsoft 365 admins 'flooded' with bulk and bogus notifications for over an hour

Admins in charge of Microsoft 365 subscriptions are complaining that the software giant is spamming them with a stream of bulk and bogus notifications sent to the admin app for iOS. Numerous social media users, as well as a sysadmin of The Register's acquaintance, have reported multiple notifications have landed in the last 30 …

1. luminous

I don't have the app so didn't even notice. Important things can come to me via email. Why would you want the app in the first place?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Because I'm important, and it's important, and I must know now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now umm...

1. Kispin
        Trollface

....now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now now....

Sounds about right for M$ They cannot just let you know once, they let you know ALL THE TIMES

2. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

NaaS

Notifications as a service.

1. Paul Herber Silver badge

Re: NaaSty

Notifications as a service to you.

3. Howard Sway Silver badge

continuous integration / continuous delivery

In this case, continuous delivery of unwanted notifications to users, because someone probably screwed up the coding of a loop, and it completely escaped the notice of whatever insufficient testing was in place before it got deployed.

I guess somebody will soon be coding the check to make sure a user only gets sent one message. Just another example of how silly little errors like this no longer just occur on single systems within one company, but can now affect the whole world due to the wunderfulness of big cloud.

i

Re: continuous integration / continuous delivery

Continuous Unwanted Notifications

Embrace Inevitable Flooding Of Random Messages

4. Miss Config
    Windows

Put More And More On Our Cloud

I'm last to learn, as per, but I was told recently that as of Excel 2016, Microsoft encourages users to put shared Excel files on OneDrive

( rather than share them in-house ).

How backward of users to think they should only use OneDrive when absolutely necessary.

Just look at all the problems you get when you keep your stuff geographically local.

Re: Put More And More On Our Cloud

Local cloud for local people.

5. Henry Wertz 1 Gold badge

Do they even have a rollout process?

Do they even have a rollout process? Honestly, to me it seems inconceivable that someone within Microsoft wouldn't have tested this first, been spammed by notifications, and not rolled it out further. Oh well 8-)

6. ecofeco Silver badge

Sssooo....

How's that cloud thing working for ya?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like