back to article You've seen the Raspberry Pi CM4 in a mini-ITX case. Now here's four in a mini-ITX case

Keen on Kubernetes? It has been a long wait, but the Turing Pi 2 is finally close to shipping. A year and a bit after the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 shipped, and one of our crafty commenters noticed that a new version was coming, the Turing Pi 2 board is close enough to shipping that zealous Pi-related YouTuber Jeff …

1. JassMan
    Joke

How to coordinate 16 Arms

Does that make it a double octopus? Or a Hekkaidekapus?

1. b0llchit Silver badge
      Coat

Re: How to coordinate 16 Arms

By attaching 16 legs and let them run?

2. werdsmith Silver badge

What's the source for it being close to shipping? There's been no announcement on their site or their blog since 24th August. I'm presuming they are affecting by component shortages like everyone else. They've had prototypes since at least then, and Jeff always gets special access.

1. geerlingguy

In my video and blog post, I mentioned it should be shipping (at least a first batch...) in January. They originally hoped to launch earlier this year, but the date had to be pushed back as every other project I've tracked because of the shortages.

It seems like right now they're finalizing the manufacturing process and should be on track hardware-wise. They're still finishing up the initial firmware, though, to implement a few missing features like RTC, PWM fan control, and network switch management. The nice thing is the STM32 firmware will be user-upgradable in this board, so hopefully the board will get nicer interfaces over time (right now some of the features require a bit of deep knowledge to manage remotely).

1. werdsmith Silver badge

Thanks Jeff, I did see the video but I predict we won’t see them available in January.

I tried to buy the CM4s, as all mine are in use. Couldn’t find any online. Farrell are giving June 2022 as the expected stock date.

3. Trigun

I want one.

Troube is, I have no actual reason to have one apart from: I want one.

Story of my life :D

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

There's usually a difference between "want" and "need".

As my Santa list on the front door says:

Anything I would like for Christmas is either

1) Illegal

2) Immoral

3) Fattening

That doesn't stop the neighbours giving me things in the last category.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like