back to article UK and Ireland S/4HANA migrations accelerated during 2021 COVID-19 lockdowns, figures reveal

UK SAP users stuck with their migrations to S/4HANA during COVID-19 lockdowns this year, according to fresh figures released today. But skills among partners and SAP technical resources are still a worry. A survey by the UK & Ireland SAP User Group (UKISUG) showed 26 per cent of organisations are now using SAP S/4HANA compared …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Challenge: What is it with SAP in five sentences or less.

SAP to me, is the epitomy of techno-babble, the author of these is lines is divided over whether to apologize for this blatant and aggressive show of his ignorance.

However ...

I was recently discussing with friends, that SAP's own job listings on its own web-site, are most probably a good contender for the "job ad from hell" as they are a seemingly random collection of buzz-words and IT-lingo terms. Maybe this is a natural filter: if this doesn't make any sense to you, the job is most probably isn't for you either.

So, I have a rough idea what you can do if your company uses SAP, e.g., manage orders, stocks of material, etc.

But what is it with all these acronyms, that are most probably acronyms for a collection of acronyms themselves.

What are they migrating towards?

For years, there have been articles on S/4HANA migration in various tech-media, i mean this isn't the great migration of the dark ages?

Please, enlighten me why this is such a big deal that we read so much of it.

2. AMBxx Silver badge
    Boffin

Bad stats alert

>>26 per cent of organisations are now using SAP S/4HANA compared with 16 per cent last year

That could be caused by one of two thing - either an increase in the number of S/4HANA users or a shift from SAP to 'other brand of ERP'.

Probably a mixture of the two, would be interesting to know the real numbers.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022