back to article OVHcloud to share its OpenStack automation for use in on-prem clouds

Cloudy contender OVHcloud will share the automation tools it developed to run its own OpenStack-based cloud, as part of a plan to grow its managed cloud business. In Europe, the recently floated French company has offered to operate and manage a private cloud using its tech on customers' premises. Now OVH plans to let others …

1. David 132 Silver badge
    Happy

OVH logo

I'm sorry, but whatever this article was trying to say, I was distracted by the accompanying photo on the front page, which at time of writing this is of an OVH building with the company name/logo "artfully" painted on the side in such a way that the top half of the letters is chopped off.

All I can think of now is this:

"Share and Enjoy is, of course, the company motto of the hugely successful Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Complaints division, which now covers the major land masses of three medium sized planets and is the only part of the Corporation to show a consistent profit in recent years.

The motto stands—or stood—in three mile high illuminated letters near the Complaints Department spaceport on Eadrax: Share and Enjoy. Unfortunately its weight was such that shortly after it was erected, the ground beneath the letters caved in and they dropped for nearly half their length through the underground offices of many talented young complaints executives—now deceased. The protruding upper halves of the letters now appear, in the local language, to read “Go stick your head in a pig”, and are no longer illuminated, except at times of special celebration..."

2. Ken G Bronze badge

I've looked at the company web site but I can't find more detail (or any admission this is happening)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022