back to article Multimillionaire Activision Blizzard CEO cuts annual pay to $62,000 amid sexual harassment probes

Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick is cutting his salary to $62,500 and promised to turn down bonuses and equity packages as the gaming giant continues to be investigated for sexual harassment. The mega-studio is facing a string of lawsuits all while various executives have hit the eject button. Activision came under fire in …

1. John70

The balance sheet must be looking poor if Bobby is taking a pay cut.

Not to worry, Blizzard just released yet another mount for Warcraft's subscription based game into their in-game shop for the low low price of £19/€25

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/news/23737997/new-mount-available-sunwarmed-furline

1. JDPower666
      Facepalm

So an article about sexism, racism, discrimination and harassment, and you're complaining about a computer game cat?

2. Plest Bronze badge
    WTF?

Jeez, not much.

I'm sure he has a shed load of stock options to make up for that low salary but holy heck I know lowly PMs in finance companies that are on twice that salary.

1. Dan 55 Silver badge
      Meh

Re: Jeez, not much.

He made about $150m last year for taking the big decisions like "let's make another micro-transaction filled Call of Duty" so I think he can take the hit.

Anyway, it'll all end up sweeped under the carpet like Ubisoft because it's the triple AAARGH games "industry".

1. BrownishMonstr

The key is to not buy the games---once enough people stop, they'll either make it worse, or another competitor will come out with something better.

1. Swarthy Silver badge

A decision made easier by virtue of their games sucking.

2. CrazyOldCatMan

sweeped

I think you mean "swept".

here's a hint - to make something into the past tense, you don't just add "ed" at the end. I used to only see it in stuff that originates in the US but I'm seeing it more and more in UK stuff as well! And from otherwise well-educated people too.

English has a multiplicity of words so we reallyy, really don't need to make up grammatical constructions that help destroy the wonderful (albeit confusing and hard to learn) language!

Bah humbug.

2. Citizen of Nowhere

As the article says, he is already “fabulously wealthy” and got a $155 million package for last year (if I understood the article correctly). Couple of years of “virtue signalling” on $62,000 thousand, then they’ll relaunch the gravy train.

3. adam payne

“Specifically, I have asked the board to reduce my pay to the lowest amount California law will allow for people earning a salary, which this year is $62,500," he said.

Sorry but with the amount of money this guy has in the bank it's hard not to see this for what is it, a PR stunt.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022