back to article Samsung boss Lee Jae-Yong convicted and fined for drug abuse

Samsung boss Lee Jae-Yong has been convicted of drug abuse and fined 70 million won (US$60K). Lee is the CEO of Samsung Electronics – the largest member of the Samsung group – and is expected to become company chair in the future. He was accused of taking Propofol, an anaesthetic, at a plastic surgery clinic. Lee was alleged …

1. elsergiovolador Silver badge

Choice

What happened to "my body, my choice"?

1. simonb_london

Re: Choice

Exactly. General anaesthetics should be mandated as a condition of employment.

2. martinusher Silver badge

Re: Choice

>What happened to "my body, my choice"?

It only applies to Covid vaccines.

2. Youngone Silver badge

Are you rich?

May every nation in which people read The Register be blessed with such leadership.

Oh yes, we also have people who are above the law. We pretend the law applies to everyone equally of course.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Explains some of the recent Galaxy devices quirks.

Better watch out though, weapons grade anesthetics can have lethal consequences for those that abuse them, no matter how famous the potential victim is.

1. Robert Moore

Re: Explains some of the recent Galaxy devices quirks.

> Better watch out though, weapons grade anesthetics can have lethal consequences for those that abuse them, no matter how famous the potential victim is.

You can't make a bold statement like that with siting an example. This is why no one ever believes you AC.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021