back to article EU digital rules must consider anti-competitive licensing terms, say cloud sellers

Cloud Infrastructure Service Providers in Europe (CISPE) has published a report on how the licensing antics of legacy software firms could distort the cloud marketplace. The industry group is keen that protection from some of the chicanery turn up in the upcoming EU Digital Markets Act (DMA) and said: "It is imperative that …

1. Peter-Waterman1

Msft

Same old Msft - Different leader. What makes me laugh, is it's their customers who get screwed but still insist that Msft is all-loving and kind.

2. Zippy´s Sausage Factory

The bundling of Office with Azure services is the thing that I think the commission will be least happy about. Admittedly, there isn't much competition any more but you can argue that's down to the way they market Office anyway. (I'd love IBM to start doing Lotus SmartSuite again and license it out to compete with MS Office, but we all know they won't).

3. DevOpsTimothyC

For third parties, the charge could be for every CPU "that could 'potentially' use its software"

I've seen that extend beyond "How many CPU core's have you got in that hypervisor" to "Oh the database is on NAS/SAN.... How many CPU cores in that cloud"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like