back to article No return of the JEDI: Supreme Court declines to hear Oracle's challenge to now-dead cloud deal

The US Supreme Court has brushed off Oracle’s complaint that it wasn't awarded the Pentagon's $10bn winner-takes-all Joint Enterprise Defense Infrastructure (JEDI) cloud contract. On Monday, the top judges declined to hear the database giant's case filed back in January. At the time, the Dept of Defense hadn’t yet cancelled …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh, vey, give it a rest, Oracle. You're number way-down-the list for good reasons published far and wide for all to see.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Why?

Like Bezos' suit against NASA, this is a headscratcher. I have no idea what they seek to gain and they seem motivated more by spite than anything else.

I have seen few, if any, specifics and the United States Court of Federal Claims has already ruled on this which should've been the end of this.

3. a_yank_lurker

Leisure Sue Larry

Leisure Sue Larry apparently believes specs only apply to what he says the customer should have not what the customer actually wants. From my experience, it is a common trick to disqualify a competitor by getting a condition you and a couple of competitors can meet but someone else cannot. Done right this is very difficult to challenge as one could point to a technical reason that is at least sort of reasonable for the condition.

1. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse

Re: Leisure Sue Larry

Maybe. But it's also my experience of Oracle (in the UK anyway) that they will respond to an RFP or ITT without actually meeting the basic requirements, and still challenge things despite accurate scoring.

It's almost as though their sales and marketing droids have a higher opinion of their capabilities than their company can deliver, or that they just don't understand it all.

1. Cynical Pie

Re: Leisure Sue Larry

I'd wager both

4. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

Now pick up your toys and put them back in the pram.

5. Roger Kynaston
    Alert

Big IT is a godsend to lawyers

All they seem to do is embark on incredibly long and expensive litigation between each other, themselves and their clients and anyone else they can find. I followed the SCO saga and then found Apple v Samsung, HP v IBM, Oracle v the world and goodness knows how many others. Shirly, if they focussed on getting it right and not rushing off to court all the time they would make more money.

6. Big_Boomer Silver badge

Wars vs Trek

So you have a JEDI referencing article with a pic of Kirk & Spock and an article about Will Shatner going to space with a pic of Chewbacca? Either yer taking da weewee, or somebody screwed up <LOL>

1. Stumo
      IT Angle

Re: Wars vs Trek

You must be new here...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like