back to article Activision Blizzard to pay out three days of annual profit to settle sex discrimination case

Activision Blizzard will cough up $18m to settle a lawsuit filed by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission – which accused the California games giant of fostering an internal culture toxic to women staff. The US government's workplace watchdog claimed Activision subjected female and pregnant employees to “sex-based …

1. mikus

I suppose there will be a grand reopening of the "Cosby Room" now that this nasty bit is done with. Bring on the strippers and hoes!

2. Woodnag

Some good news

C level people lost their jobs.

3. SuperGeek

"“I am sorry that anyone had to experience inappropriate conduct, and I remain unwavering in my commitment to make Activision Blizzard one of the world’s most inclusive, respected, and respectful workplaces."

Only cause you've been caught!

1. Richard 12 Silver badge

Unwavering commitment?

So he's still committed to ignoring it, and hasn't changed?

Odd thing to make public, but ok.

4. Cybersaber

No big deal, we'll just add $1 to the cost of WoW subscriptions, and thus transfer the costs of our business practices on to the consumers/addicts we've been intentionally creating for the past decade-and-a-half.

That's settled then.

So how's the post-litigation party and refurb plans for the Cosby room going?

1. Snowy Silver badge
      Holmes

They will just some more mounts on the store and be done.

1. Vometia has insomnia. Again. Silver badge

Thinking back to the innocent days when Oblivion's "Horse Armor" DLC was considered outrageous profiteering. :|

2. Ashentaine

From what I've heard a substantial amount of WoW loyalists finally got fed up and bounced over to Final Fantasy XIV recently, so much so that Square Enix had to suspend new account creations for a couple days because their servers couldn't keep up with the sudden influx of new players. Might want to skip ordering the caviar for that party, then...

5. disgruntled yank

OK

It sounds as if the persons actually affected by the bad behavior have already received compensation. It's not clear to me why the shareholders should collect also, and apparently it's not clear to the courts.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like