back to article Salesforce should rename its Dreamforce conference to Feverdreamforce because this is getting ridiculous

Salesforce execs get so bowled over by Dreamforce, the SaaS org's annual gabfest, that they seem to lose all perception of time and space. Take Bret Taylor, chief operating officer, who after an hour of jovial to-and-fro with his billionaire boss, Marc Benioff, at the conference this week seemingly experienced a temporal spasm …

1. Sorry that handle is already taken. Silver badge
    WTF?

Holy crap

Salesforce bought Slack for twenty eight billion dollars?! I missed that one.

1. J27

Re: Holy crap

I did too, congratulations to the Slack founders for getting out at the right time and getting 10x what the company is worth.

2. YetAnotherJoeBlow Bronze badge

"There is a huge change that is going on, and we believe that change is the change and transformation and evolution and inspiration into the trusted enterprise,"

huh?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Que?

"change is the change and transformation and evolution and inspiration into the trusted enterprise,"

Even AMFM can do better than that, especially on a bad day.

3. jake Silver badge

"Or maybe we should ask the furry forest creatures"

What was with that set, anyway? Looked like a high school dance with a "happy forest" theme. With plastic grass, no less. And the "trees" were worse, as if the "designer" had never actually seen the real thing before ... My Wife said that overall it looked like a reject from Hasbro's "Playskool" line.

The scary thing is that someone(s) looked at the plans and approved it! WTF?

4. disgruntled yank Silver badge

veep of trailblazer community and engagement

I always thought of trailblazers as loners--in D.H. Lawrence's words, "cold, stoic, isolate".

Coureurs de bushwa?

5. czechitout

Not sure why the article has such a sneering tone. These vendor conferences are a great way to get out of the office for a few days and pick up some freebies. Plus, I wouldn't mind seeing Metallica or Foo Fighters. Lionel Richie, not so much.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022