back to article Beijing orders Alibaba, Tencent, more Big Tech to stop blocking links to rivals

Beijing has yet again slapped regulations on Big Tech in China. This time, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) has told app makers and web sites to stop blocking links to their rivals, or face the consequences. In a Q&A session at the start of the week on manufacturing and cyber development, MIIT …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Holmes

I wonder...

Will this apply to Apple?

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Re: I wonder...

I don't think the law covers religous cults

1. Sorry that handle is already taken. Silver badge

This is China, if you're not a state approved religion watch out.

2. doublelayer Silver badge

Does Apple block links to things? This regulation doesn't regulate app store monopolies, which is the only real one they've got there. If they do block links in iMessage, I've never heard of it and would like some details.

2. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

An open free and fair competitive market?

Typical commies

1. jmch Silver badge

Re: An open free and fair competitive market?

Yet try it out in the US and we'd be hearing about restriction of trade and government interference. Funny how many 'free market' proponents are happy with 800-lb gorillas tilting the playing field their way.

1. very angry man

Re: An open free and fair competitive market?

murkins sprouted this many years ago, before taking over the world

3. Nifty Silver badge

Ah great. Will China now stop blocking links to its rivals?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Monopolies are bad says one party state.

5. elsergiovolador Silver badge

Theatre

All those companies are state controlled and are not private in the sense we understand it.

It's basically like saying that government departments should stop blocking linking to other government departments.

All those Chinese companies play in the same team and this is designed, so that the agents in the West will advocate for the same model, that of course will have different impact in a truly free market economy.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like