back to article Busy day in China: Xi Jinping announces tech-sharing, services export push and a bourse for startups

China's President Xi Jinping has signaled a push to export services and promised to share locally developed technology with the world. In a speech delivered yesterday at an event called the "Global Trade in Services Summit of 2021", Xi said China will change rules for its services sector, bringing them into line with …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

eventually they gonna ban people looking like winnie pooh .. oh wait, they wont

1. imanidiot Silver badge

They DO already ban people from stating OTHER people look like Winnie-the-Pooh though

2. Kevin McMurtrie Silver badge

Pooh will stop ordering the country to behave better as soon as he gets a nap.

2. elsergiovolador Silver badge

Battery

It seems like the communist battery is fully charged now, so they can disconnect from capitalism for a few years...

3. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

You surely know it is bound to happen somewhere rotting/rotten.

I wonder how long it will take overtaken sub standard competition and opposition to Chinese product to try and ban home grown businesses from importing and taking advantage of certain of their deemed too sensitive and critical advanced and attractive facilities/utilities/services?

1. Nightkiller

Re: You surely know it is bound to happen somewhere rotting/rotten.

You mean the Chinese State has the right to ask for/enhance the code you generate for your outsourced partners?

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Re: You surely know it is bound to happen somewhere rotting/rotten.

You mean the Chinese State has the right to ask for/enhance the code you generate for your outsourced partners? .... Nightkiller

Certainly if/when they want or need it and they're able or enabled, Nightkiller. Why ever not? What state doesn't deserve such a cheeky selfless assistance?

4. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    WTF?

"young men who dress fashionably and don't conform to male stereotypes"

Um, what exactly is that brain fart ?

Which "male stereotypes" are acceptable in China now ? The rugged woodcutter ?

I'm absolutely not and never have been a fan of boys bands in general, but I fail to see how the argument of male stereotype can be used to ban them.

That's pretty backwards as far I'm concerned.

1. Magani
      Linux

Re: "young men who dress fashionably and don't conform to male stereotypes"

"Which "male stereotypes" are acceptable in China now ? The rugged woodcutter ?"

Thanks. I now cannot get Mr M. Python's "I'm a Lumberjack" out of my head.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Tom of Xinjiang?

2. FuzzyTheBear
        Mushroom

You just hat to stick that back in my mind .. i spent years trying to recuperate . nooooooooooooooo < sobs softly .. hearing the song in his head .. over and over .. >

" ... suspenders and a bra .. "

i hate you :D

2. EricB123 Bronze badge

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok..."

5. DS999 Silver badge

This isn't that different than what the US did in the past

Control depictions in media? Hollywood Production Code, anyone? In the 50s many schools didn't allow boys to wear blue jeans or white T-shirts, and girls couldn't wear any sort of pants at all. Gotta preserve those gender roles to keep the commies at bay!

Even more recently you saw things like towns passing laws banning "saggy pants" though that was more intended as subtle racism than anything else.

1. heyrick Silver badge

Re: This isn't that different than what the US did in the past

Yeah, my mother was basically Scout (To Kill A Mockingbird). She climbed trees, she stole and wore her brother's jeans. She was even besties with the people the Country Club refused entry to (Jews and anybody that wasn't white).

Her dad thought it was amusing but really he didn't care what she wore or who she made friends with. Her mother, on the other hand, went ballistic every time she didn't dress like a five year old or dared to talk to "one of Them", and frequently spewed so much venom during Sunday Service and that gathering of like-minded social assassins that when mom came of age (which coincided with her seeing the reality of 'Nam and what it was doing to her friends) she crossed the ocean to the saner side and never looked back.

2. teknopaul

Re: This isn't that different than what the US did in the past

I can expect a fair few of these well educated English speaking IT types to outsource themselves permanently, if Xi takes away the Circus.

It's not going to possible to be part of the global market for services and not end up sharing at least some of the global common culture.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"by sharing China's technological achievements with the rest of the world,"

All the intellectual property that was stolen finally becoming some use then...

7. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge

"We will create more possibilities for cooperation, by scaling up support for the growth of the services sector in Belt and Road partner countries and by sharing China's technological achievements with the rest of the world," Xi said.

I can well imagine some of the Belt and Road partner governments being interested in Chinese government technological "achievements" that are deployed on Chinese citizens

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like