back to article NASA postpones spacewalk as it would be too much of a pain in the neck for astronaut

NASA on Tuesday postponed a spacewalk after one of the astronauts due to work outside the International Space Station had a “pinched nerve” in his neck. US astronaut Mark Vande Hei and Japan's Akihiko Hoshide were hoping to step out into the void at 1230 UTC on August 24. The pair were instructed to install equipment along the …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Devil

Still...

As long as Russia is blaming us for the hole in their capsule, I'll start the rumor that they deliberately messed up the Nauka docking to injure US astronaut Mark Vande Hei.

Pass it on.

1. Potemkine! Silver badge
      Trollface

Re: Still...

What a terrible and unfair rumour. Everybody knows it's because of the Chinese. Always blame the Chinese.

2. Anonymous Coward Silver badge
      Joke

Over this side of the pond, it's already being blamed on Brexit.

1. adam 40 Silver badge

Doncha mean

Nexit?

3. Aladdin Sane

I blame the bloody awful Warsaw Concerto.

4. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I'm sure his inbox is full of messages from shady personal injury lawyers.

2. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Unhappy

The war between the East and the West...

is now in it's 300th year.

1. Aladdin Sane

Re: The war between the East and the West...

The beginning is a difficult time. Know then that it is the year 10,191, and the war between the East and the West is still ongoing.

3. A K Stiles

Frequent occurrence?

I wonder how common things like pinched nerves are for astronauts in orbit, as their whole physiology has developed to deal with 1g and is now essentially not having to do that, it might be a regular thing... hmmm, where did I leave that academic paper search?

1. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge

Re: Frequent occurrence?

Presumably they don't wake up with a "dead arm", because there's no weight bearing on it when they sleep. Also useful to know for space rumpy-pumpy - that your other half can sleep on your arm all she likes without that difficult 3am game of trying to withdraw said arm gently without waking them up...

On the other hand, waking up with a leg musle that's cramping is going to be a right bugger, because you can't just push your leg against the ground, it's going to be like dealing with a cramp while swimming - you need something to brace against.

1. Snowy Silver badge
        Joke

Just remember if your going to take part in some space rumpy-pumpy then your partner is also going to need to brace against something :)

Happy

And if you don't hold on tight then it's going to be space rumpy-pumpy-floaty-bumpy...

It's either that or strap yourselves down. [Kenneth Williams mode] Oooh kinky![/Kenneth Williams mode]

4. MAF

Pinched nerve in astronauts neck?

Damn those Vulcans!

1. Aladdin Sane

Re: Pinched nerve in astronauts neck?

Great scene in SpaceBalls

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pinched nerve?

Hope there are some strong painkillers on board. The pain is bloody awful

Re: Pinched nerve?

At least there will be vodka. If not, you've not asked the Russians nicely enough.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like