back to article Red Hat buddies up with Nutanix to provide an escape route from VMware

Red Hat is collaborating with Nutanix to make OpenShift and Red Hat Enterprise Linux a fully supported solution on the Nutanix native virtualization platform, AHV. The new agreement provides for Red Hat OpenShift, its Kubernetes distribution, to be the Nutanix "preferred choice" for Kubernetes on Nutanix, and for Nutanix HCI …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Linux article

In before Jake prattle on about IR35

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The only news here...

...was that Nutanix didn't support RHEL. I didn't know that.

Maybe that speaks about the suitability of Nutanix's products in general?

1. virtual-kiwi

Re: The only news here...

Nothing has changed re support. Nutanix has always supported RHEL and RH have always supported AHV under their 3rd party HV support policy. What's changed is AHV is now explicitly 'certified' by RH

3. It depends.....

Hmmmm.....

One thing that caught my eye here...

said Pacheco. "We'll always be advocating for open-sourcing everything...."...

This from someone who works for the company that recently decided to kill off CentOS ....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Hmmmm.....

RedHat didn't kill anything, they just decided not to pay for CentOS anymore. Is there anything stopping another company stepping up to do it?.

Oh I forgot: if RedHat isn't funding it, nothing happens in Open Source...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like